Thursday, January 31, 2008

Weeks 3 and 4

Week three and four

Ooops, I guess I forgot a week. Sorry bout that. But I will try to keep up. Last week was great, boss was not at work, and it was lovely. Very little stress. I loved it.

Well, here it goes.

· h Follow Through with the Physical. (0/1)

I have my appointment today. I guess I am a little nervous. I haven’t actually been to a doctor, when I haven’t been sick, in a REALLY long time. I consider myself pretty healthy. Who knows what a doctor will say to me.

Done and done.

· h Exercise 3x/week (0/429)

This is harder than I want it to be. I tend to be keeping up at about once a week. I know that I need to get better about it. I used to be a morning exerciser. Since I have to be at work early, I think it may need to be the evening. Maybe while dinner is in the over? We WILL get better. I have a few DVD’s that I can try as well, no VCR right now, so I can’t do my sweatin to the oldies. I do like those.

· h ONLY eat fast food once a month (0/33)

So I had my one last week, it was wonderful. Saturday morning I was out doing errands, and without thinking about it I pulled into McD’s. I seriously was not even aware of what I was doing. I am going to give up eating out for lent, so that will make up for htat one.

· h. drink 1 glass of milk a day (0/1001)

Yeah, I have been bad about this one (the cost of milk doesn’t help) We shall see.

· h. Drink 8 glasses of water a day (0/1001)

I have been really good about this. I am trying not to use water bottles .The water at work tastes funny, but I will try to remember to bring my brita pitcher to work so that I can drink water all day. I only drink water during the day, I have cut out a lot of soda almost completely. Not completely though, lets not get crazy here.

· Knit 5 blankets for Victory Junction (Dad's Christmas Present) (0/5)

· Knit 5 hats for childrens cancer charity (0/5)

· knit 5 hats for Hats for Alex (0/5)

I just got a HUGE amount of yarn from one of my board members, that is for these projects. I will say that once I get my Christmas knitting completed, then I will get started on these. Though I would REALLY much rather be knitting these projects.

a Take a picture every day (0/1001

I am trying so hard at this. I have to get my flickr account upgraded so that you can see the pics that I have taken. When I take one pic, I tend to take quite few. Does that count?

· a make personalized alphabet books for little people (0/5?)

So I don’t know who is reading this, so I can’t say much. . . . I can’t wait to get this together, it is so much fun. I have pictures for it already.

· c Write a letter to someone each month (0/30)

I think my christmas thank you cards qualify.

· c Send post Cards to Granny (1/30)

Done for January

· c send one post card/month t0 Lorelai (0/33)

January Done, Going to write another one today in fact.

· c send 5 post cards/letters a month to Walter Reed Medical Center (0/165)

Does anone know a charity that takes cards to people. Just inspirational “Smile today” kind of things. It is really hard to get cards to Walter Reed.

· f. Cook a new recipe every month (0/33)

I made nana’s veal stew YUMMY!!! And I made a beef stew. That came out okay. A bit bland.

· f. Try a new fruit or vegetable every month (0/33)

I tried apricots. They were okay. I am not a fan of fuzzy fruit. The ywere not very juicy. Does anyone know what a persimmon is?

· s Go to Church every week (0/143)

This has been easy. In fact, one Sunday I said I wasn’t going to go in the morning because of the weather, I didn’t even blink when I went in the evening. It has become habit. I enjoy It now, I never did as a kid. I want to get up and go. . .

· s Read/listen to one book a month (0/33)

I read series of unfortunate events. Dissappointing. I didn’t like it. I will read the others that I have, but I was not impressed. Right now I am reading Family Acts. I also finally finished Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult. LOVED IT!!! 19 minutes is next.

· $Save $1/Day (0/1001)

So I was doing good, in fact great. I was ahead of the game. THEN!!! I had to fix my car. Thankfully not a huge repair. I will say, it was nice to know htat the money was there. I am not putting it in a savings account just yet, only because since I have no savings (okay, I know I am 32 with no savings. I accept that) They tend to charge you for a savings account when it is under a certain amount. SO for now, we keep it in a jar. But I was really proud of myself for a few days.

· $ keep my car running to the end of this challenge (0/1)

Right now, Mary is rockin my world. She is a great car.

· Post once weekly updates on my 1001 progress in a separate blog.

Clearly, not doin too hot on that right now, but alas, I made up for it with 2 weeks this week, right? Well, I will post again next week, just ot make up for it.

No comments: